Attach Your Camera Strap
Excitement is always there for a photographer whenever he is exploring something new and adventurous. A camera is not the only thing a photographer carries with him, so he needs some supporting material to effectively hold his camera all the time. There are new types of cameras that arrived in the market even doorbells have cameras now and people know to install those doorbell cameras themselves. Then why not you know to attach the strap of the of your photography camera. Most of the camera comes along with a strap, but not everyone knows how to attach the Camera strap the right way.
To help you resolve this problem, we have brought a few tips and hope will help you in the future.
Attach the camera wrist strap
If you are a DSLR user, apart from the neck strap, you might have heard of a handgrip with an adjustable wrist strap. You can also use a camera for recording by holding it in hand.
- Take out the leather hand grip from packing and remove the strap from the small plastic grip.
- Insert the strap from the holder on the camera and again insert it into the plastic grip.
- The bottom portion of the handgrip attaches to the bottom screw mount. The screw mount is adjustable, and you can adjust it according to your camera distance requirement.
With just a few simple steps, you can attach the digital camera wrist strap. Take out your camera and wrist strap. Move the end of the wire through the strap hole of the camera. Now hold the other end of the strap and move through the thin wire and pull it towards you.
If you ever feel that you cannot insert the small wire into the hole of the camera, we have another solution for you. Take some thread, attach it with the wire. Pass the thread through the hole and pull the thread, which moves the wire through the hole too. You can now move the thick strap through the thin wire.
Wearing a Camera Strap
When it comes to carrying a camera, there are some comfortable ways to wear the straps. You can wear the straps on the neck, around the shoulder, and across the chest. To wear the camera across the neck, be careful to select the right strap with neck comforter. The strap should be comfortable enough to support the load of the camera and should not be a burden on your neck.
If you are shooting something at home, it is comfortable to hold your camera in hand with the handgrip. For travelers, it is better to carry a camera strap around their chests. But if you are filming some wedding events, we would suggest wearing a camera strap on the shoulder, as it will be easy to shift between the two cameras for photographs.
Attaching Camera Strap Nikon
If you are worried about attaching camera strap for your Nikon Camera, follow these steps;
- Hold the strap and start to insert from the outward to the inward direction in the metal rings.
- Now free some of the straps from the plastic grip and pull it down to make a loop like structure at the grip.
- Hold the end of the strap and insert it towards the inner direction of the loop in the plastic strap.
- Then insert the same end in the lower portion of the plastic grip and pull it outward to tighten the strap.
- Now pull the strap in an upward direction to remove the loop and tighten the strap.
- Move the small plastic grip upward so that it can tightly hold the straps.
By following these steps, you can get your straps tightly bound and don’t need to worry about your camera.
How to attach a camera strap Canon Power Shot?
Well, it is not difficult to attach a camera strap to your Canon Power Shot now. Take a look at these steps and share your experience with others.
- Make a loop in the plastic grip to easily remove the strap end.
- Push the strap inwards in the loop and then outward to release from the grip.
- Pull out the collar at the end of the strap.
- Pass the strap through the plastic cover.
- Move the end of the strap from outward to the inward direction through the hole.
- Now insert the strap from the plastic cover in the upward direction.
- Create a loop in the plastic grip by pulling the strap in the hold in the downward direction.
- Insert the end of the strap from inside to outside direction and pull it to tighten it.
- Pull the strap in an upward direction to remove the loop and tighten the strap.
It is all ready to carry and hang around. Canon has also shown their old age stuff as in the museum. We know Canon is one of the leading brands of the cameras.
How to attach camera strap Sony?
Sony has almost the same strap holders for all of their camera models. You can attach the straps to the camera by the same steps as given below, regardless of the model.
- Take out the strap from the pack. You will see two plastic accessories; one is a collar, and the other is a sliding adjuster.
- First of all, remove the collar and detach the strap from the sliding adjuster. To do this, you need to create a loop there that loosens the strap and is easily taken out.
- Now insert the end of the strap into the collar.
- After that, insert the strap from bottom to up directly through the hook.
- Then insert the strap in the collar in an upward direction.
- Lose the strap in the sliding adjuster and insert the strap from inward to outward direction.
- Tighten the strap by pulling it in an upward direction and then pull it from the sliding adjuster to strengthen the belt.
You can also move the collar up and down to add strength to your strap.
Can I use a strap for a full-sized camera?
Yes, several companies are manufacturing straps for a camera of different weights.
How much reliable is it to strap my camera in the ways described above?
You can check the strength of the strap by stretching the straps apart. It does not open up easily when you hook up in the ways described above.
- 1 Attach Your Camera Strap
- 1.1 Attach the camera wrist strap
- 1.2 Wearing a Camera Strap
- 1.3 Attaching Camera Strap Nikon
- 1.4 How to attach a camera strap Canon Power Shot?
- 1.5 How to attach camera strap Sony?
- 1.6 FAQs