Best Backpacking Pillow
You don’t enjoy a normal life when you are a backpacker. While you are backpacking, sometimes you deviate yourself away from everyday life. All of your focus is towards spending most of your time on adventures and quests, going on the beaches, exploring woodlands, hiking, conquering and even living on the foothills and highlands. You do need a finest backpacking pillow with yourself to travel. You even forget the world and social life which is out there, you forget your home and in brief, you simply choose to deviate yourself away from the ordinary life.
Our Top Picks:
Ultra-Light & Premium: Sea to Summit Aeros Backpacking Pillow
Designed For The Side Sleepers: Air Pillow by Exped
Designed For Stomach Sleepers: Gel Infused Backpacking Pillow By Belly Sleep
Most Budget Friendly: Inflatable Backpacking Pillow By Leisure and Co.
|Name||Ultra-Light & Premium||Designed For The Side Sleepers||Designed For Stomach Sleepers||Most Budget Friendly|
|Manufacturer||Sea to Summit||Exped||Belly sleep||Leisure Co
|Material||Synthetic||Nylon||Bamboo & Polyester||Polyester and Cotton
|Size||14x10x5 inches and 16.5x11.5x5.5 inches||4.7x2inches and 5.1x3.5 inches||28x16x2.5 inches||17.5x10x13.5 inches
Best Backpacking Pillow Reviews:
1. Ultra-Light & Premium: Sea to Summit Aeros Backpacking Pillow Review
This wonderful pillow is manufactured by “Sea to Summit”, a well-known company which provides the ultimate outdoor experience to the backpackers.
They not only manufacture the best backpacking camping pillows but they also specialize in sleeping bags and dry bags as well. This company has entirely devoted themselves to offer the best backpacking experience to all the enthusiastic folks out there.
This light-weight pillow for backpacking is so easy-going and lax that you can inflate it with no trouble only in few breaths (no force needed). It is filled with synthetic which surges comfort. The shape is aesthetically designed to cater your all your needs.
Below mentioned are the key features and pros and cons of this backpacking pillow. You can not only use this best backpacking air pillow while driving your car but also during camping, inside your home and even take it with you if you are going through a plane. This pillow is also one of the best backpacking pillows for the hammock.
Sea to Summit Aeros Backpacking Pillow PRO's & CON's
- Easily Inflatable
- Extremely Durable And Soft Due To The Polyester Material
- Filled With Synthetic
- Tpu Material Allows A Comfortable Sleep And Dampness Stays Away
- Curvy Shape To Allow Neck And Head Rest Comfortably
- Very Light-Weight
- Does Not Slips Away
- Doesn’t Pop (Never Leaky)
- Comes In 2 Colors
- The Bottom Of The Pillow Is Designed In Such A Way That Gathers Around The Shoulders No Matter You Are Sitting Straight, Side Or Sleeping
- Comes In Two Sizes: A Regular Size Of 14x10x5 Inches And A Large Size Of 11.5×5.5 Inches
- Weighs 91 Grams And 120 Grams For Regular And Large Respectively
- Due To The Premium Features, The Price Is A Bit Premium Too
- Not Perfect For The Stomach Sleepers
If you are confused about which size should you pick then let me clear you that I purchased this pillow in a regular size since I am an average sized person and I mostly sleep straight so a regular one was perfect for me. I didn’t find a reason to go for a large one. Moreover, I love how curvy this backpacking pillow is because it stays under my head and also gives an uplift to my neck. Another advantage of the inflatable pillow is that they are washable and you can easily wash them like all other clothing not needing to be worried about any bacteria growing
This pillow is my only favorite and best lightweight backpacking pillow I have ever used. It’s a classic piece and filled with a lot of features. The price tag might make you a bit concerned at first but if I compare the price with the heavy features it is equipped with, then the price is fully justified. It is the best example of a balanced bulk and performance. I can always inflate and deflate it quickly as many times as I want and it doesn’t affect its effectiveness. On top of it, it is the MOST comfortable pillow you can ever look for. This pillow is so durable that you can even pass it on to your next generation!
2. Designed For The Side Sleepers: Air Pillow by Exped Review
For all those who have an issue with their neck or who cannot sleep straight or are prone of sleeping sideways may not find the above-mentioned pillow a perfect fit for them, I have a better option for you. This pillow is manufactured by Exped and is specifically designed for the side sleepers. It’s light-weight and easily pack-able in small bags too. The best thing about Exped is that, they design the best backpacking pillows for side sleepers which are environment friendly and are not oil-based unlike many other products in the industry where they claim that the durable items need to be oil-based in order to maintain their resilience, thus making them blowout a lot pollution and becoming unhygienic over time. Exped, on the other hand, strives for pollution resisting products and that’s why it’s unique than other manufacturers out there. In short, for a backpacker, Exped is the best option to create a long-lasting and trust-worthy relationship with.
Air Pillow by Exped PRO's & CON's
- Air Insulated, Can Be Inflated Easily
- Flexible Material Made With Velvet And Nylon
- Grips Tightly With The Ground/bed/surface Beneath Thus Avoids Slippage Of The Pillow During Sleep
- Weight Ranges From 1.06-2.05oz According To The Size And Type, Which Is A Negligible Weight
- Compact Design For Side Sleepers
- Available In 4 Colors, Yellow, Brown, Red, And Orange
- About 4inches Thick When Inflated Which Is Well Sufficient Thickness For Utmost Side Sleepers
- Dimensions Of This Pillow; 7x4x2in
- Contains Double Flat Faucets
- Bodily Shaped
- Best For Side Sleepers
- They Crinkle And Makes Some Noise When You Move Your Head On It
3. Designed For Stomach Sleepers: Gel Infused Backpacking Pillow By Belly Sleep Review
This is one of the universal problems of all the stomach sleepers out there which they face every night before going to sleep: “Should I keep a pillow under my head or just leave it and go place my head on the mattress directly?” and the best solution for all of them is: “Go and get yourself the best pillow which suites all of your needs.”
Sleeping on your stomach is well-thought-out as the unhealthiest position because of the fact that it causes a huge amount of pressure on the shoulders and neck which in turn causes pain and over-time it can become a permanent issue for such sleepers. You are already draining and damaging your neck by sleeping on your stomach. On the top that, if you are using even a fluffy ordinary pillow then you are only increasing the number of times you are damaging your neck and moreover, you will most likely wake soaked up in sweat. That’s why you need to toss that ordinary pillow and find one which is specifically designed for the sleepers like you in order to retain your neck in an aligned position. All you need is a pillow which is designed and engineered in a scientific way and stay soft and firm in order to release the burden and giving you firm support towards a comfortable sleep.
Although, there is only 17 percent of people on planet earth who are stomach sleepers as this is the most uncommon posture people adopt but these 17 percent cannot be ignored. They have all the rights of enjoying a restful sleep too.
It is a very complicated task for the stomach sleepers to find a pillow which suits their needs because most of the pillows are shaped according to the needs of back or side sleepers. In order to provide them with a snuggly sleep, “Belly sleep” has introduced one of the best backpacking pillows for stomach sleepers so that they can easily rotate their head and neck and improve their breathing while sleeping thus ensuring a peaceful sleep.
Gel Infused Backpacking Pillow By Belly Sleep PRO's & CON's
- Made With Polyester And Bamboo (40 Percent And 60 Percent Respectively)
- Efficient And Comfortable Design, Curvy At The Edges To Allow Easy Movement Of Head And Neck
- Thin, Smooth And Levelled To Support The Spinal Cord
- Contains Polyurethane Foam Which Is Flexible And Promotes A Comfortable Sleep By Supporting Both The Neck And Head Firmly
- To Avoid Sweaty Nights, It Is Infused With Cooling Gel Which Keeps On Regulating The Temperature And Avoids It Getting Too Warm
- To Control The Hygiene And Bacteria Build-up, It Comes With A Changeable And Washable Cover
- Dimensions Of This Pillow: 28x16x2.5in With A Weight Of 3.2lbs
- Available In Two Colors: White And Blue
- Available In Four Types (Type Varies Only In Terms Of Slimness And Cooling Gel)
- Gives A Perfect Alignment Thus Saving The Sleeper From Lower Back Pain
- Contains Infusing Gel To Resist Sweating During Sleep
- Can Be Used By The Side Sleepers As Well
- Only One Size Available
- Might Smell A Bit Funky When Newly Unpacked. The Smell Lasts For A Day Or Two.
- Not A Cheap Pillow
After going through the key features, I am sure all the stomach sleepers must be delighted because it is packed up with all the bounties you need during your stomach sleep, keeping your neck and spine in a straight and neutral place. So, you no longer need a pillow, too thick to put pressure on the muscles. This pillow is not only a perfect pick for the stomach sleepers but it is also one of the best backpacking pillows for side sleepers.
4. Most Budget Friendly: Inflatable Backpacking Pillow By Leisure and Co. Review
So far, I have talked about the best backpacking pillows for a diverse range of backpackers, but all of them are a bit pricy and suitable for those who frequently use them and goes for backpacking often.
For those newbies or busy-bees out there, who love to go camping and traveling, there are also many budget-friendly backpacking pillows accessible but you need to beware of scams and select the one which is low-priced but holds great quality too.
The best budget-friendly backpacking pillow designed by “Leisure Co.” is an economical choice for the folks who are in search of a light and comfortable backpacking pillow. It offers a decent backing to your head and provides it a good firmness. You will love the smooth cotton feeling on your face. It might be a bit less comfortable as compared to the other pillows I have mentioned above but you are also paying much less than that so that makes sense. I must say that you have the best options available if you are ready to spend more money or else just go for this one and don’t compromise on quality and durability. This is the super budget-friendly, lightweight, sturdy and the best backpacking pillow for section hiking and all the travelers and ramblers out there.
Sea to Summit Aeros Backpacking Pillow PRO's & CON's
- Compact And Portable
- Includes A Strip/belt To Tie Up With Your Bags
- Designed In Such A Way Which Supports All Types Of Sleepers Whether Upright/back, Side Sleepers Or Even Stomach Sleepers
- Provides Firm Support To The Neck
- Made With Soft Cotton Material Along With Extra Layer Of Padding
- Can Be Washed Easily
- Inflatable Effortlessly In A Few Breaths
- Contains Double Valves Separately For Inflation And Deflation
- Comes In 2 Colors, Blue And Orange.
- Low Priced/Easily Affordable
- Suitable For All 3 Kinds Of Sleep Positions
- Durable And Comfortable
- Requires A Very Small Space To Fit-in
- Plastic Free
- No Leaks
- Few Of Our Users Claimed It To Be Not So Comfortable
That’s what I have experienced while traveling and I have observed countless differences sandwiched between the life of a backpacker and that of an ordinary man. Nevertheless, I pick my backpacking life over normal life because it has its own charm and allure.
The Best Place To Buy The Best Backpacking Camping Pillow:
Amazon is just like a store with all the things under one roof due to which it is a center of attraction for many of its customers, including me. I had bought my Sea to summit backpacking pillow from Amazon. They offered me free shipping and delivered the product within two working days. Amazon also provides discounts to its valued customers. You can also buy the product from the actual retailer but chances are that you might not get discounts. So, although it’s totally your choice to pick a retailer but based on my experience, Amazon has its own place in the market and usually provides quality in all the variety of products too so this way you can shop by staying within the comfort of your home rather than going and exploring each store. The best thing is that you can read the reviews of hundreds of customers around the globe who had already shopped that particular product and sharing their honest reviews. In this way, decision making becomes easier for you.
My Personal Review
While traveling, I meet a lot of people on a daily basis. I make new friends each day, create new memories with them, learn new things and gain innovative experiences. This life is quite diverse as compared to my home-life where there is only one cluster of friends and we spend all our times together and gain no new experiences and you end up living a motionless life without learning.
Being a backpacker, when you leave your home and comfort zone and you hit the road, you need to prepare yourself very well. You never know where are you going to end up by the end of the day. You might even not get an adaptable and cheap place to sleep. So, you should keep all those ready-to-go things in your backpack to avoid any harsh situations.
When I started backpacking as a youngster, I had to sleep and live in a cold basement once, which was an extremely worse place I have ever stayed in. That night, trust me, was tough! From that day on, the decision to make a check-list before you going on my trips because I never wanted to experience that “night in the basement” again.
Finest Backpacking Pillow List Above
There is a specific list of items, I had shared with you today, which you should ALWAYS carry with you. Without them, you won’t be able to enjoy your backpacking adventure. Mark my words, as a backpacker you will always experience something different, nothing will run as smoothly as you expect- new people, diverse languages, and different culture. So, I that case, you have only two options, just sit there, get worried and blabber all the bad words you know, or stay calm because you have every essential thing available in your backpack. Oh, and maybe just go back to your country, stay comfortable and stay there.
A “Not-Very-Long” List Of Essentials You MUST Keep…
- Backpacking Pillow
- Your own clean sheets
- Extra set of batteries
- Water bottle
- Energy drinks
Today, I will start with the first item in the list. I will guide you on why I felt it is important, my experience without it and from where can you get the best backpacking camping pillow from.
Why is a Backpacking Pillow so Important?
Firstly, getting a complete and comfortable sleep you need when you are traveling. Do you think you will be able to sleep without a comfortable pillow?
Secondly, the best backpacking pillow is light-weight and easy-to-carry thus also saves the space in your bag since it is either inflatable or compressible.
Moreover, it provides support for your neck and head and makes them a good fit for outdoors sleep or camping. Thus, gives you quality sleep. So, if you are looking for the best backpacking camping pillow, then keep reading.
Types of backpacking pillows
If we explicitly talk about the types of backpacking pillow, they cover 2 types. One is the inflated pillow and the other is compressible. The inflatable pillows are filled with air which is usually filled by the user using blows or pump. The other, compressible backpacking pillow, is filled and stuffed with various materials which could be a synthetic material, gel or foam. But if we talk about the kind of backpacking pillow targeted for specific users, then there is a wide variety of pillows for different kinds of users like side sleepers, stomach sleepers, back sleepers or maybe hybrid sleepers. Today, I will provide you with an extensive guide on the best backpacking pillow therm-a-rest (which are usually compressible pillows), stomach, side, and upright sleepers and hammocks.
I am sure that most of the backpackers must have already placed an order from the best backpacking camping pillows I have revealed above but for those sluggish individuals out there who like to stay in their comfort zone and avoid going outdoors, these backpacking pillows are even a good option for you because their core drive is to give you a relaxed sleep whenever you need it after a hectic day at work or even after traveling. Consuming a good sleep not only lessens fatigue and exhaustion but also give your joints and lumbar a longer and healthier life.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am not sure how to choose a pillow. Assist, please?
Answer: That depends on your needs though but if you want to stay in budget and you fall under any kind of sleeper whether back, side or stomach then you can opt for the best budget-friendly pillow as mentioned above.
What is the size of stomach sleeper backpacking pillow?
Answer: Its dimensions are 28x16x2.5inch which covers the regularly sized needs of every user.
Does the best budget backpacking pillow mention above last for a longer time period? If yes, how many years approximately?
Answer: This pillow has been manufactured under strict quality control measures and has a long life as long as you don’t use it very roughly.
Will the sea to summit pillow be good for me? I am a stomach sleeper.
Answer: I would suggest you go for the specific backpacking pillow designed for the stomach sleepers. It’s better to spend this much cost on the targeted need.
Is inflation easy or I will need a pump like another pillow?
Answer: You certainly don’t need a pump to inflate it. It can be easily done using a few breaths only.
Will the sea to summit backpacking pillows work for my neck pain?
Answer: Yes, the pillow is shaped and designed keeping in mind the comfort of the shoulders and neck. They are excellent for back, neck and joints pain.
How long will it take to receive my order from Amazon after I order it?
Answer: It will approximately 2-3 working days if you are not an international customer.
Received my order previous week. It includes a strap, why do I need it?
Answer: Strap is optional for you but it provides you a benefit of keeping your backpacking pillow secure by tying/knotting it with your bag your even while sleeping so that you don’t lose it or it doesn’t slip
- 1 Best Backpacking Pillow
- 2 Our Top Picks:
- 3 Comparison:
- 4 Best Backpacking Pillow Reviews:
- 5 1. Ultra-Light & Premium: Sea to Summit Aeros Backpacking Pillow Review
- 6 2. Designed For The Side Sleepers: Air Pillow by Exped Review
- 7 3. Designed For Stomach Sleepers: Gel Infused Backpacking Pillow By Belly Sleep Review
- 8 4. Most Budget Friendly: Inflatable Backpacking Pillow By Leisure and Co. Review
- 9 The Best Place To Buy The Best Backpacking Camping Pillow:
- 10 My Personal Review
- 11 Finest Backpacking Pillow List Above
- 12 A “Not-Very-Long” List Of Essentials You MUST Keep…
- 13 Why is a Backpacking Pillow so Important?
- 14 Types of backpacking pillows
- 15 Conclusion
- 16 Frequently Asked Questions
- 16.1 I am not sure how to choose a pillow. Assist, please?
- 16.2 What is the size of stomach sleeper backpacking pillow?
- 16.3 Does the best budget backpacking pillow mention above last for a longer time period? If yes, how many years approximately?
- 16.4 Will the sea to summit pillow be good for me? I am a stomach sleeper.
- 16.5 Is inflation easy or I will need a pump like another pillow?
- 16.6 Will the sea to summit backpacking pillows work for my neck pain?
- 16.7 How long will it take to receive my order from Amazon after I order it?
- 16.8 Received my order previous week. It includes a strap, why do I need it?