First Get Your Audio System
Who doesn’t love music while driving? For enjoying the music, you’ll need a car audio system. You can purchase quality car audio online. There is a variety of car audio system available, and you can install them at your home without going to a car electrician. Car audio system installation is easy you just need to learn some little things.
People these days repair their windshield cracks by themselves, the music system of the car should also be installed by themselves. There are top windshield repair kits easily available from which these people repair their windshield cracks. In this car sound system installation guide, we’ll learn how to install a car audio system. Follow the steps given in this article, and you can save some bucks.
Removing Factory Fitted Car Audio System
You’ll need to follow the following steps to remove the factory-installed car audio system:
- To change the audio system and installation of a new car stereo system. You’ll first park your car on a smooth surface. Make sure to disconnect the battery. Disconnect the battery because if you don’t wire correctly, it may lead to short-circuit and fire.
- Use the screwdriver to unscrew the screws which are holding the plastic rim in place. Make sure to extract all the screws before you attempt to install the car audio system.
- Use pray tool to take off the rim. Pry tools are specially designed for such jobs. It will not damage your rim. For some car models, you’ll have to take off the plastic pieces like knobs, etc. to before taking off the rim.
- Disconnect all the necessary components and wire before reaching to the factory car audio system.
- Now, loosen the screws of which holds the car audio system in place. Car audio system is intact because of nuts and screws. You’ll need an appropriate tool to loosen those nuts and screws. Some model, especially ford vehicle, will need radio removal key. You must have a radio removal key to loosen the car audio system if you own a Ford vehicle.
- Once you have, loosen the car audio system. Pull it out slowly and carefully. Make sure not to damage any part of wires while pulling. Take the pictures of wiring for future reference.
- Disconnect all the wirings. Make sure to unplug the antenna wire first because it’s thick. Once you unplug the cable, it will help you to move the audio system around freely. You could easily change your old factory music system when you buy your new car or you could use them until they work well. Like how often a period takes to change radiator of car people also measure the time of changing other things in their cars.
How to Install the Car Audio System
To put the new car music system, you’ll have to follow the following steps:
· Step One
Firstly, connect the wires. All the wire connectors have a unique design, which makes it easy to connect. Make sure that you have a diagram of the wiring. It will make it easy for you to join the wires correctly. Connect the cable with soldering or crimping. Soldering the wires together takes time, but it will make a secure connection. Crimping is easy, but the connection is not secure.
· Step Two
Secondly, if your audio system comes with a distinct assembly kit. You’ll have to assemble it using the instruction manual.
· Step Three
Once you have assembled the assembly kit, it is now time to connect the power source. Connect the audio system wire harness with the car’s harness. If you don’t have wire harness, you’ll have to do it manually.
· Step Four
Connect all the wires like antenna wire. Make sure that you’ve plugged all the cables and there is no wire left. If you leave any cord unattended, it may affect the performance of the car audio system.
· Step Five
Now, before mounting your car audio system into the dashboard, make sure to test it. Connect the battery wires. Start the car and turn on the stereo system. Check all the radio channels and all the features of the audio system. If you are a satisfied turn off the system and the car.
· Step Six
Finally, mount the audio system into the dashboard. Properly screw the system to make sure that it’s intact and doesn’t move. Reconnect all the pieces and place the rim back in place. Tighten the nuts and screws, and you’re done.
Enjoy the music while you drive!!