Are you thinking of buying a new mouse pad because it gets all dirty and rough? Do not bother because you can clean and wash your old mouse pad without ruining it. A mouse pad or mouse mat is an excellent accessory for a computer mouse. There are different types of mousepads like there are different sorts of computer speakers, and you need to know what type of mouse pad you have. It made it easy for you to use it for several hours. If you are a gamer, you can relate to it. The subtle edging of a mousepad lets you smoothly run the mouse and guarantees that the surface does not betray you.
Eventually, a mousepad gets dirty after a long term of use. Crumbs of snacks, sweets, and grease will ruin the smoothness and hence decrease the durability. Today, we are providing you the best procedures to clean your mouse pads. Follow the below steps to successfully clean them.
How to Wash/Clean Mouse Pad
Cleaning or washing a regular mousepad is easy and simple. It takes only 10 minutes to clean it. It as like as you wash the slime to clean your carpet sometimes you wash it with pressure but not hurting your carpet. However, to dry it, you have to wait for at least 24 hours. Follow the below steps to clean your mouse pad:
- Fill your sink or a bucket with warm water.
- Put your mousepad in it.
- Take a few drops of soap or shampoo on the sponge.
- Scrub the surface of the pad with it.
- Rinse the mouse pad and remove the soap.
- Pat the pad with a wall or something hard to wring the water out of it.
- Put it in the sunlight or front of a fan to dry it quickly.
You can also use a washing machine to wash a mousepad.
- Add cold water and a little quantity of detergent or soap. Do not use hot water.
- Put the mouse pad in it.
- Start the spinner and let it wash.
- Dry it properly.
Indeed, you cannot clean all kinds of mousepads with the same method. Some are made of foam, have backlighting, or have a gel wrist rest. You cannot soak such mousepads in the water or wash in the washing machine. To clean such mousepads, go through the article.
How to Clean a Mouse Pad with Wrist Rest
A mouse pad with wrist rest, such as a 3M Precise mouse pad, has an interactive design that supports your wrist in such a way that you can easily use a mouse. Its surface is covered with microfiber, which needs to be cleaned regularly to work it properly. Follow the below steps to clean a wrist rest mouse pad.
- Wipe all the crumbs and dust off the mouse pad by holding over it above a trash can or sink. You can use a piece of cloth to wipe, or you can smash it against a wall or hard thing to get rid of the dust.
- Soak a clean piece of cloth with warm water. Wring it out to have a slightly wet cloth.
- Drop two or three droplets of shampoo or liquid soap on the cloth. Rub the cloth altogether to distribute the soap.
- By placing the mousepad on a flat surface, scrub over the flat surface of it with the soapy cloth.
- After scrubbing the mouse pad properly, rinse the cloth to get rid of soap and wring it out.
- Wipe the surface of the mouse pad with a soap-free washcloth.
- Dry the mousepad with a clean and dry piece of cloth or towel.
- Put the mouse pad in the sunlight or front of a fan and let it dry.
How to Clean RGB Mouse Pad
Cleaning an RGB mousepad is much more tedious since you cannot soak it like a regular standard mousepad. Below are some steps to clean and wash an RGB mouse pad:
- Unplug the mouse pad and wipe the dust off it.
- Grab a sponge that is not too rough. Soak it up with warm water and wrings it out.
- Scrub the sponge over the RGB mousepad with light force but nothing too extreme. Be careful of scrubbing at edges. You do not want to ruin them.
- Wipe the soap quickly off the mousepad surface as you do not want the water to seep into it.
- After removing soap, wipe the surface with a dry towel or piece of cloth.
- Put the mousepad in front of a fan or in the sunlight to dry it thoroughly.
Cleaning a Soft Mouse Pad
Cleaning a soft mouse pad is not so different than the cleaning of the wrist rest mousepad. The procedure is the same, but you cannot wash it like a regular mousepad by dipping it into the water as a soft mouse pad is made of foam. The surface is covered with a fabric sheet, but washing it in a washing machine like a standard mouse pad will ruin its quality and shape. The following are some easy steps to clean a soft mouse pad.
- Remove the dust and crumbs off the mouse pad by holding it above a dustbin.
- Take a piece of cloth and saturate it in the warm water.
- Wring it out and put a few drops of soap or detergent on it.
- Rub the cloth thoroughly.
- With slight pressure, clean the surface of the pad with the cloth.
- Rinse the cloth and clean the soap off the surface of the pad.
- Dry the surface with a dry cloth or towel.
- Put it in a dry place. To dry it more quickly, put the pad in the sunlight or front of a fan.
The cleaning process of a mouse pad is easy. If you use a mouse pad, you should clean it regularly, probably after 4 to 5 weeks. People do even polish their toilets themselves, then why not you could clean your mouse pad than to buy a new one. It is much efficient to clean the mouse pad than to buy a new one. This way you can save your money.