Upgrade Your Windows With Cordless Shades
Are you planning to upgrade your windows with mini blinds? These days, the traditional curtain styles are going out of style. People are upgrading their windows with new techniques. The most common among them are mini blinds. Most of them do not know how to install cordless mini blinds.
They are the most accessible and cheap style to decorate your home. For blinds, the fabric is inexpensive and lighter. Moreover, it also allows for ventilation. People are moving to cordless tools like these new cordless shades. People also finding ways to building new smart home system and they are going to the new generation this way.
If you have already purchased your mini blinds and now looking for ways to install it, then this guide will help you every way possible. We will take you through the step-by-step process of upgrading your windows with mini blinds. It isn’t a complicated process, and you don’t need to hire someone to do the job for you.
Our guide will help you with the process of easy to install mini blinds yourself.
The installation process begins
Before we move on to the step-by-step installation guide of cordless mini blinds, we want to make you clear that there is no limitation to where you want to install your blinds. You can install cordless mini blinds inside mount of your door or windows. Similarly, you can choose the outside mount as well.
You need the following essential items to install your cordless mini blinds:
- A measuring tape
- A drill
- A screwdriver
- A ladder or a high table
- Anything for marking, for example, chalk or pencil
Before installing the blinds, you first need to do some measurements. So, take a measuring tape and measure the size of your windows. Do not forget to take both the width and height measurements. After you are done with it, the actual process of installing begins.
- If you have any old window shades, remove them altogether along with rods.
- Clean the windows.
- According to the length and width of your windows, get yourself the desired blinds.
- For the cordless blinds, you need a bracket. A bracket comes along with your mini blinds so make sure you check the package carefully when you purchase it.
- Put the bracket on the head railing and mark the location with the chalk or pencil. Now place the second bracket on the other side and mark again. After marking the correct position and measuring the distance, you are ready to screw the brackets. However, it is safe to drill the holes already. You can easily drill a hole in a wall.
- After you are done screwing it, now fix the railing at the bottom of the brackets by pushing it. Make sure you secure it well.
- Lastly, to operate the cordless blinds, connect a handle with it.
You are done installing your cordless mini blinds!
Few Easy Tips
Here, keep in mind that you have the choice of installing the blinds on the inside or the outside the windows mount. The flow of installation is the same for both cases. The only difference between the two is the physical appearance. Generally, inside mounts are preferred in homes because they give your room a neat look.
You can also install cordless mini blinds on your doors just the same way as you did for windows although problems could occur while installing your cordless mini blinds but after a few tries, you will be able to do it by yourself.
It’s up to you to take a look at the arrangement of your house and the window and then decide whether to go for outside or inside mount. We will also recommend you to go for aluminum mini blinds because of their excellent quality and reasonable cost.
Lastly, always check the package in advance if you want to avoid any problems during installation. You should have the brackets inside your box.
Leave us comments and share your first experience with us. Moreover, drop us a question if you need any assistance. Good luck with installing your first cordless mini blinds.