Make Sharp Your Electric Knife Blades
If there is anything common between a housewife and a hunter, then that is an electric knife. After all, who wants to fight with a dull and rough knife? You have got all the rights to work with a super-fast and razor-sharp blade. Do you agree? You could sharpen your electric knife blades yourself.
The misconception about electric knives
Many people perceive that if the blades of an electric knife go blunt, then they can’t be reversed. This fact is valid only in case you are using a poor-quality knife. Their blades are made with low-quality steel, and they wear off with time.
A good quality electric knife with stainless steel, high-quality blades works way differently. The sharpness of their blades lasts up to several months and can be sharpened if they get blunt.
Methods to sharpen electric knife blades
There are two ways to sharpen a serrated electric fillet knife:
- With an electric knife sharpener
- With an electric sharpening rod
- Take it to a professional
The third method is the most expensive one. It is better for you to get a knife sharpener instead.
Let’s go through the first and second method one by one and see how each one of these works. But before that, we will guide you on the best ways to choose both the items.
How to choose the best electric knife sharpener
You need to keep in view a few vital factors while choosing the best electric knife sharpener for fillet knives.
- Firstly, the shape of your sharpener should be handy. I should be comfortable to hold. Moreover, it should have more than one slots.
- Secondly, it should be easy to use and operate.
- Thirdly, the most crucial factor is quality. A poor-quality electric knife sharpener can even damage your expensive knife.
How to sharpen electric knife blades with an electric sharpener
This method is the easiest and inexpensive ways to sharpen your electric knife blades. It doesn’t require any particular skill.
Before starting, unplug your knife from the switch.
- Take out the blades from the knife.
- Put the sharp side of the blade in the hollow space of the sharpener.
- Slide it on the tool with gentle pressure. Remember to glide it slowly so that you don’t sharpen the wrong angle.
- Continue this process for about 5-7 minutes.
- Remember, you need to keep the pressure light, or you will end up damaging your blades.
How to sharpen electric knife blades with an electric sharpening rod
Using the rod is a bit complicated as compared to simple electric knife sharpeners. That’s why we recommend it to the experts only. Follow these steps to share your electric knife blades with an electric rod:
- Remove the blades from the electric knife.
- With the tip of the knife on the top, put the blade on the sharpening rod.
- Glide the blade back and forth on the rod with an average speed.
- Make sure you slide the entire knife on the rod, not leaving any point.
- Do it for around 3-4 minutes.
- Now flip over the blade and repeat the above process for the opposite side of the blade as well.
Some Useful Tips
Although sharpening your electric knife is not a complicated process, but you still need to take a few precautions:
- Always unplug your knife from the electrical socket before you start sharpening it. Like you unplug your vacuum cleaner while cleaning it.
- Never sharpen your knife in haste or at a breakneck speed.
- Your hands should be dry and free from any oils or moisturizer before you begin.
Lastly, always buy the original item and never compromise on quality. A poor quality sharpener can damage your expensive knife, and a poor knife can destroy your expensive sharpener.
- 1 Make Sharp Your Electric Knife Blades
- 2 The misconception about electric knives
- 3 Methods to sharpen electric knife blades
- 4 How to choose the best electric knife sharpener
- 5 How to sharpen electric knife blades with an electric sharpener
- 6 How to sharpen electric knife blades with an electric sharpening rod
- 7 Some Useful Tips