Using A Cordless Angle Grinder
Cordless Angle Grinder is one of the powerful and handy tools that has made the work of cutting and polishing very easy. It comes with different accessories, which makes it very versatile. These accessories include a shaft washer and a shaft nut that you can set up in different arrangements. You can put up these accessories for thicker and thinner wheels or remove the overall to fasten the line wheels. It can be beneficial for you if you are interested in DIY projects and home maintenance chores. You can use it for cutting, paint removal, sharpening blades, polishing, and of course, grinding.
People are using everything cordless now for modern change in life. Some people have been still using old school tools using old angle grinders. Like hedge trimmers, there are now finest cordless hedge trimmers available in the market. Not familiar with the working of Cordless Angle Grinder? Don’t fret because we here have instructions for you about how to use an Angle Grinder for different purposes.
How to cut stone, tile & concrete
If you have any experience of cutting a tile or stone, you will know that it is not an easy task, especially around a hurdle such as an outlet. However, Cordless Grinder has made it very easy for you to do such tasks. Let see how you can do it.
- Draw the precise margins on the front and back of the tile/stone.
- Clamp the tile/stone to the workbench strongly so it does not ruin tile ceramic or damage you in any way.
- Start the grinder and cut carefully around the margins.
- Unclamp your tile and turn it over.
- Cut the tile from the back around the margins.
Note: Cut the tile at some extended level from the corners to be a perfect fit.
How to use a grinder to cut metal rods, bolts, and bars
Nothing can be useful as a grinder when it comes to cut the metal. You can use a hacksaw, but it would not be as handy and valuable as a grinder. Follow the below instructions to cut the metal bolt, bar or rod with Cordless Angle Grinder:
- Position the bar/rod firmly, making sure it is safe. Remember to wear safety boots before starting.
- Start the cordless angle grinder and wait for the wheel to reach the fastest speed.
- Cut the metal from where you want to do it.
- Let the short end of the metal drop-down freely.
Note: Skip the first step if you are cutting a bolt.
How to polish the blades and cutting edges
As told above, a cordless angle grinder can be used for sharpening the blades. You can adjust the uneven edges of your lawnmowers, shovels, hoes, and axes to make their edges sharp and smooth.
- Clamp your blade or tool firmly to your workbench. Be sure that the wheel is spinning away from you so that you are safe of sparks that it generates. You can check the angle grinder cutting direction by the arrow, which is drawn on the grinder.
- Position the grinder alongside the edge of the tool/blade you want to sharpen.
- Start the angle grinder.
- By applying the slight pressure, move the cutting wheel across the tool/blade.
- Start at the bottom of the edge of a tool/blade to the tip of it. Repeat the process until work is done. Do not move the grinder back and forth.
Note: While sharpening the tools or blade, keep a bucket of water and a piece of cloth or sponge close to you. Using water with an angle grinder will lessen the heat of it.
A cordless angle grinder can do the minor works too, such as removing paint or rust from metals. There are various kinds of wheel wire brush available in the market. They are specially designed for cleaning and smoothing the metals. Follow are the main steps to do such tasks:
- Secure your metal by clamping it up firmly on a workbench. Make sure the spinning direction of the wheel is away from you as wire brushes can clasp and shudder back.
- Wait for the wheel to reach high speed.
- Gently move the wheel onto the paint or rust that you are trying to remove.
Removing mortar with a hammer and a chisel is no-win. A cordless angle grinder, on the other hand, can help you remove strong material like mortar easily. However, you must have to wear a dust mask, close the windows, and even warn the neighbors for it for angle grinder safety. Now follow the below instructions to see the fantastic work of a cordless angle grinder of cutting mortar:
- Bring the wheel at the highest speed.
- Make two or three cuts of 12 mm in the same direction to clear the joint.
- Remember to stand a couple of millimeters away from the brick to be safe from any injury.
Using Angle Grinder for wood cutting
If metal can be cut, an angle grinder can cut wood easily. For woodcutting, the aluminum oxide wheel is used. The simple steps to cut wood with grinder are:
- Outline the wood piece which you want to cut.
- Clamp the wood piece on the workbench properly.
- Start the grinder and bring the wheel at the highest speed.
- Cut around the outline. It is best to extend the cuts around the corners, so you get the best fit.
To sum up, a cordless angle grinder is a wonderful tool to include in your toolbox. It is simple and easy to handle for the new users too. You can use different discs for different purposes. There are a lot of angle grinder disc types available in the market.
Are cordless angle grinders are safe to use?
The most serious injury caused by a cordless angle grinder is gashing. A machine is doing its work. That is you who have to secure himself from it. Try to stand a few millimeters away in the opposite direction of spinning, and you are good to go.
What age could people use these grinders?
Every tool should be kept away from children. As far as adults are concerned, they can easily handle a cordless grinder.
How to quickly change the wheel of cordless grinder?
These are easy steps to this task.
- Remove the battery of the grinder.
- Unscrew/unlatch the blade guard.
- Holding the grinder upside down, press the blade lock button and remove the wheel while pressing the button.
- Unscrew the nuts counterclockwise.
- Reinstall a new blade.
- Fasten the nuts.
Can we lock on the paddle switch of the grinder?
Cordless angle grinders have the paddle switch alongside the grip. Gripping the handle will turn the switch on. The grinder switch will turn itself off when you release the handle.
Can we cut a curve shape easily with an angle grinder?
Yes, you can cut the curve shape by cutting small tabs. Snap off the tabs with a big wrench.
- 1 Using A Cordless Angle Grinder
- 1.1 For Beginners
- 1.2 How to cut stone, tile & concrete
- 1.3 How to use a grinder to cut metal rods, bolts, and bars
- 1.4 How to polish the blades and cutting edges
- 1.5 Cleaning Metal
- 1.6 Cutting Mortar
- 1.7 Using Angle Grinder for wood cutting
- 1.8 Conclusion
- 1.9 FAQs