Avoiding Carpet Getting Dirty
It how much you try to keep your carpet clean and free of dirt, it is unavoidable to keep it clean. Your kids, pets, and sometimes even guests forget to remove their dirty shoes, and the results are horrifying. To wash floor carpet is not a big deal in this era when we have so many inventions for home use.
Here are some tips for you on how to clean your carpet using a variety of different way.
Wash Carpet Yourself
You can wash your floor carpet at home by using a detergent and a carpet brush. Carpet brushes are useful for removing dirt, dust, and soil from your carpets. However, this method is usually not liked by the majority of women because you will need to get on your knees and use much force to scrub off the dirt from your carpet.
Cleaning Pet Stains On Carpet
We know that you love your carpets and you love your pets. But we are also aware that these two combinations are deadly and they don’t co-exist at all. The real skill of cat and dog owners is to remove those stubborn urine stains from their new and pricey carpets. You can also use a fine hoover pet carpet cleaner for cleaning it yourself and with ease. If you want to develop the ability to remove the messes caused by your pets, then follow these simple directions.
How to clean Pet Urine:
- Soak up the urine containing an area of the carpet altogether. To wash your floor carpet properly.
- Cover the area with a layer of the towel on the damp spot. Put another layer of newspaper on it.
- Now stand on the towel for a few seconds so that I absorb as much fluid as possible.
- Next, make a mixture of 1 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of warm water. Add two tablespoons of baking soda in it. Put this mixture into a spray bottle and sprinkle it on the damp area.
- Let this mixture sit for 15 minutes and then rub it with a soft cloth.
- If the stain is massive and old, then you also put baking soda on the affected area directly. Then pour the mixture of vinegar and water on the area. Wait for 15 minutes and then blot with a soft cotton cloth.
How to clean pet vomit:
Your pet’s vomit is even more deadly for your carpets than urine. Vomit is not only acidic, but it also contains traces of food particles which can stain the surface much faster than urine. That is why wiping it as soon as possible is very important. To clean the pet’s vomit, follow these steps:
- First, use a scraper to clean the larger chunks of vomit. Soak a towel and put it on the area to clean up the moistness.
- Next, pour one tablespoon dishwashing liquid in 2 cups of warm water. Put one tablespoon of salt in it.
- Now soak a soft cloth in this mixture and apply it on the vomit effected area. Let is stay there for a while and rub lightly. Cleaning your floor carpet early when there is a vomit on it will avoid bad smell in the home.
- Repeat this process if the stains are tough.
- In the end, dry out the area with a clean, dry towel.
Cleaning Carpet Without Machine
It is not necessary to rent a carpet cleaning machine to fight with those tough stains to wash your floor carpet. There are tons of other options available as well. A carpet cleaner, no doubt, is an excellent option to use. However, they aren’t cheap, and they can even trigger specific allergies if continuously used.
To remove the majority of the stains and discolorations, you can use any of the following cheap and readily available materials.
- Baking Soda
- Carpet shampoos
- Dish wash soap
- Water and detergent
Easy Ways to Clean Carpet Using Machine
Cleaning floor carpet using a machine is much easier than all of the other methods. You need to turn on the Machine and wait for the magic to happen. Like top electric pressure washers for washing forcefully have been available in the market. You can also use that. Following are the easiest ways to clean your carpet using the tool.
Use a vacuum cleaner
Use a vacuum cleaner at the right height to remove the dirt precisely. Using a vacuum at a shallow height can damage your carpet’s fibers. Similarly, if it is set too high, it won’t pick up any dirt. Also, to prolong the life of your carpet, it is essential to vacuum often. Do not let a gap of more than three days between vacuuming your carpets. Vacuuming your carpets on the floor are the best and easiest ways to clean the dirt, dust and another residue.
Use walk-off mats
Walk-off mats serve a very vital role in keeping the dirt away from your carpets. It is perhaps the most natural solution to use walk-off mats to prevent all kinds of dirt and dust. You can use hard-textured mats outside your doors to remove dirt and soil particles. It will make your carpet cleaning job much easier for you. Remember! Prevention is better than cure.
Use a Bissell Carpet Cleaner
One of the most trendy and famous gears loved by many women these days is the Bissell carpet cleaner. It is effortless to use and cleans up your carpets in a matter of seconds. You need to plug in the Machine and press the trigger. The cleaner will do its magic.
Carpet Stain Remover DIY
I will share my most easy homemade floor carpet cleaner recipe with you today.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 1 cup vinegar
- Few drops of essential oil like geranium oil or frankincense oil
- 1 cup of water
Using baking soda
For this recipe, you will need:
- 2 cups baking soda
- 20 drops of essential oil
Prepare a mixture using the methods mentioned above and use them on your carpets for easy and quick cleaning.
Clean Carpet Stains All Methods
There are many ways to clean carpet stains. You can clean them using a vacuum cleaner, a carpet cleaner machine, or even by hand. There are also many DIY hacks you can use to clean your carpet. Using vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and carpet shampoos are some of the smart ways to remove any stain and dirt from your carpet.
- 1 Avoiding Carpet Getting Dirty
- 2 Wash Carpet Yourself
- 3 Cleaning Pet Stains On Carpet
- 4 Cleaning Carpet Without Machine
- 5 Easy Ways to Clean Carpet Using Machine
- 6 Carpet Stain Remover DIY